This is a a really nice recipe for the cool autumn days using coconut milk from our good friends at Cha’s Organics.
1 Tbsp ginger grated
1 Tbsp of Prasad Ayurveda plain organic ghee
1.5 stocks lemon grass cut into 2 inch sticks
3 keffir lime leaves chopped
½ tsp hing /asafoetida (or 2-3 cloves of garlic)
1 chili pepper
½ Tbsp Paprika
½ Tbsp pink Himalayan salt
2 cups of Water
1 can of Cha’s curry masala organic coconut milk
1 sweet potato
1 cup of cut green beans
1 bricks of panner (or tofu)
• Cut the carrots into slices, the beans into 1-2 inch pieces.
• Peel the sweet potato and cut into medium size chunks.
• Cut the curd (or tofu) into ½ inch cubes.
• Set it all aside.
• Heat the ghee on medium temperature in a good size sauce pan. Add the ginger, chilli pepper and hing (or garlic and sauté for a minute or two)
• Add the water and Cha’s curry coconut milk into the sauce pan.
• Add the Paprika, lemon grass, keffir lime leaves, salt and simmer
• Add the carrots and paneer (or tofu) simmer until the carrots are partially cooked (approx 5 minutes)
• Add the sweet potato and green beans and simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes, being careful not to overcook the sweet potato or it will turn to much
• Serve on your favourite rice or noodles!
Makes 4 – 5 servings.